jump to navigation

Humanitarian funding analysis: Kurdish refugees from Syria in to Turkey 23 septembre 2014

Posted by Acturca in Middle East / Moyen Orient, Turkey / Turquie, USA / Etats-Unis.
Tags: , , , , , , ,

Crisis Briefings (Global Humanitarian Assistance) 23 September 2014

Development Initiatives, Start Network

On 23rd September 2014 we responded to a funding alert for the Kurdish refugees from Syria into Turkey.

Key messages:

  • Donors have committed/contributed US$268 million of humanitarian funding to Turkey so far in 2014, both within and outside the UN-coordinated Syria Regional Response Plan (SRRP) – an increase of US$76 million from the previous year. None of this funding is in response to the current wave of Kurdish refugees from Syria arriving in Turkey.
  • The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has urgently appealed for more support for the new Syrian refugees arriving in Turkey. Only the United States (US) has so far announced a pledge of additional support (US$20 million).
  • The US is the top donor to Turkey with contributions so far in 2014 of US$198 million – 74% of all humanitarian funding this year.
  • Out of a total US$3.74 billion within the SRRP, US$497 million is requested for Syrian refugees in Turkey. Only 21% of SRRP requirements for Turkey have been met so far, leaving a funding gap of US$392 million (79% of requirements).
  • No Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) or Syria Emergency Response Fund (ERF) funding has been allocated to Turkey in 2014. The Syria ERF currently only operates in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq. However, the strategy for this ERF states that support for Syrian refugees in Turkey will be considered in response to new developments and evidence of needs on the ground.


Download full text (Format Pdf)



No comments yet — be the first.

Votre commentaire

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Connexion à %s

%d blogueurs aiment cette page :